Monday, January 26, 2015

Let Go



Do not pay attention to every word people say, or you may hear your servant cursing you- for you know in your heart that many times you have cursed others. Ecclesiastes 7:1-22  Its about this time of year that I start counting down the days until spring. I have more feelings of irritation than joy. I don't want to have to scrape the snow off my walkway. I don't want to have to put a bunch of layers and coats on me or my kids. I don't want to park far away at the grocery store and have to walk through the snow and slush. My feelings may not be too far off of most peoples. We are quick to get angry about things out of our control. Our displeasure of these things can make us quick to place blame, yell and speak things we wish to take back.

Let's let go of the things we can't control and make sure the things we can control are kept in check. Our minds, our mouths and our actions. Let's use the passion we feel for a situation and make sure it gets put into helping others. Whether that be through kind deeds, warm thoughts or gracious words. In the same token, let's be quick to forgive others for things that have said or done, for we have all had our moments of chagrin.

When faced with the choice, try to forgive someone immediately. It will bring joy to your heart and to theirs!

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment