Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Moment




I took these pictures a few days ago right as the sun came up and the trees and ground were still covered in glistening diamonds. I looked out the window, saw the beauty coming and ran outside, clad in pajamas, winter boots and a big hat. It was chilly and I looked ridiculous but it was worth it to capture such a beautiful sight. Had I waited 5 more minutes or took the time to put on all of my winter clothes and I may have missed a wonderful opportunity. 

God provides us with opportunities every day to act immediately on showing His love to others. Never wait to tell someone you love them, never wait to forgive one another and never wait tell others what God has shown you. Be a light in the darkness and put your faith to work. James 2:14-17 says, What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

-Jessica






2 comments:

  1. I appreciate your words. They make me contemplate my own thoughts and actions (like when the electrical inspector came out for the third time)

    ReplyDelete