Thursday, January 1, 2015

Everything begins with the Heart



Can I tell you this has been a long time coming? A few months to be exact but I am finally here. I am so excited to be able to share what God is doing in my everyday life with all of you. I am not a profound writer by any means and in part I am writing this for my kids. Yes, I know they can't read, but I realized if I am going to be raising my children to rely on God and they start asking me questions about Him or why we should read the Bible, I need to have the answers for them. Or at least tell them where to find them. God says we need to teach our children His commands in Deuteronomy 4:9. Writing this will help me to be accountable for how I spend my time and energy. I am also doing this because the internet and social media are so popular right now and if I can inject the name of the Lord into those in any way and lead even one person to Christ, then this has been a success.

So why should you read this? For those of you who are super organized (not me exactly) I made a list of some of the things I will probably touch on throughout this next year:
1. Prayer
2. Importance of reading the Bible
3. Fellowship
4. Scripture Memorization
5. Highlighting some awesome people in the bible and living today

I promise to keep it entertaining so just stay with me for a while! Shortly my awesome sister Stef will be joining me on here as well, she is full of wisdom and has a kind heart. We hope you will follow us and gain some knowledge and inspiration.

Sometime in the last 20 years of my life I made the choice to follow God. I didn't have that profound moment that some have where one day they opened up their Bible and made the decision that day to walk with Jesus. But that's ok because I know my story is just at important to Him as the person who has risked it all to proclaim Jesus as our Savior. His love is unending and never failing and I want to have a heart that shows that love and compassion towards others. It's true, we think and make decisions with our minds but our actions come from our hearts. Look at the Bible verses Luke 6:45 and Proverbs 23:19. Let's make sure our hearts are full of love and compassion and whatever we speak and do will be good.

Take a moment today, on this first day of the new year, and turn on or open your Bible. Whether its been a few hours or days or years since you last had, God doesn't care, he wants a relationship with you now! When in doubt, a good place to start is always the beginning of the book ;-)

-Jessica


5 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading these. Thanks for sharing!
    -Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen! I hope you find this inspirational!

      Delete
  2. This is awesome, Jess. I look forward to reading it, and hopefully I can use it to hold myself accountable, too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, this is Stephanie Miller/Escobar btw

      Delete
    2. Of course,! Who else would be altoplayer04 that I know :-) Glad you can join me on here!

      Delete